Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An update.

I took a vacation last week. Anyway, at one point the account was down to 8.74. Now it's up to 14.92 after a good day early yesterday and late the day before (38 pips or so). I accidentally entered two orders at one point, but have been following my rule of one contract, which likely prevents me from getting into much trouble. Also, I'm focusing on slightly larger setups with a bigger timeline. They don't always work out, but when they don't I can usually break even. And when they do work out, I get more than the typical 4 pips here 2 pips there. I'd like to aim at setups with the potential for 20pips+ (ideally 50, but we'll see as I move along). Over the last two days I went for some 50-100pip setups that netted me 10pips here and 25pips there. I haven't hit the desired homerun, but I have also gone without too many huge drawdowns.

It's much more refreshing to say the least. I'll post my trade report so that you can see the havoc I wrecked upon my account and the slow comeback that has brought my account back to ~50% of where I started (better than being at ~30% of the starting amount).

No comments:

Post a Comment